Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy New Year! Wishing You Peace and Prosperity in the Year of The Dragon!

We've cleaned house and swept out the old year and we welcome in the year of the dragon.  Since we have a dragon living in our house, we are doubly excited for the Chinese New Year!  (I, myself, am a pig, which my daughter thinks is hilarious.  Or, more elegantly put, a boar...)

We will be celebrating our new year at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art's giant celebration this Friday.  We're thrilled because on Friday the museum also opens four renovated galleries devoted to its famed Chinese art collection.  The collection is one of the finest in this country.

Alice Thorson, the Kansas City Star's art critic told me that it is fantastic!  Here's her early preview in the Star.

We can't wait, so, Gung Hay Fat Choy—have a prosperous new year!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana, I'm here! Thanks for telling me about your blog. I hope to see you at NAMA tomorrow for their NY celebrations! xo

    ReplyDelete